Monday 21 November 2011

Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Get Started Complexion Kit - Update

Back in August I posted a blog post about the Bare Minerals Get Started Complexion Kit I brought but I never did post a follow up or the results. Original Blog Post

To be honest I wasn't overly impressed with it. After watching it demonstrated on QVC (well the products not the kit) I thought it looked easy enough and had good coverage however using it was a different matter!

The foundation is good but I seem to use more than they say and it doesn't really build up. It's nice in that it's very natural but doesn't really give much cover if needed. Also I wish the lids were bigger as when you swirl and tap the product goes over the edge of the lid.

The 'warmth' product is good and does give a bit of colour to your face (I'm usually quite pale so this is brilliant to give me a healthy glow.)

The concealer brush didn't really do much concealing, I tried using both the Bisque and the foundation powders with the brush but it didn't conceal darkness or the lack of pigmentation on the scar on my nose.

I've not really noticed much from the mineral veil but then it's not something which is seen and is supposed to just soften your face.

All in all I like the foundation it's self, and is probably the best mineral foundation I have used, but as for the other products in the pack I'm not sure I would buy them. It's ok for day wear but I don't think I could use it for special occasions or evenings out as I would need a bit more coverage.

It's a good kit to get started with and I can see the warmth pot lasting quite some time and I may buy the foundation again but not the bisque. I would also suggest using another type of concealer if you have scaring or darkness rather than trying to use the bisque.

I did enter a competition on QVC to win a makeover / tutorial with Bare Minerals as thought it would be great to see how to use it properly to cover scars (mine is now just pale white on my nose) but unfortunately didn't win :o( I'll just carry on with my Laura Geller concealer (also from QVC lol)

I've not added any photos of me with this foundation etc on as it gives a very natural look so it would look like I had no make up on anyway (which is good in a way).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.

Blog Archive