Monday 21 November 2011

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick / Wedding Lips

While at Bluewater last week I popped into Boots as I wanted to look for a lipstick for my Wedding next year but nothing that was drying, sticky or too in your face. I love Elizabeth Arden's (or Elizabeth Hardon as my fiance says) Eight Hour Cream so went to see if there were any lipsticks with it in.

Elizabeth Arden do a Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick with a sheer tint (and SPF 15) in a 4 colours: Berry, Plum, Blush and Honey (think there may be different colours available in America)
Blush Lip Tint


I originally picked up honey but while speaking to the Elizabeth Arden assistant she said that she would probably use 'Blush' on me due to my colouring and eye colour. Blush is a pinky colour, but I was a bit worried as it looked a bit too pink, however it just gives a wash of colour and has more of a reddy pink colour to it.

It's such a nice natural colour and had a slight sheen to it but is also great for your lips.

She also advised me that Elizabeth Arden do free wedding make-up trials/makeovers and took my name and number to give me a call in February (when they will be doing an offer on products in store so that I can buy some bits if I want cheaper or with freebies) to do a makeover if I want. She also suggested going to other cosmetic counters to so I can see what products I prefer.

While I was there she also gave me a tester of Elizabeth Arden Intervene Makeup (foundation) to try and suggested it for my wedding day as it had a glow to it so it wasn't a matt foundation. It wasn't until I got out the store I realised the trial foundation was 25 ml and the full size is 30ml and costs £27.58

The foundation is brilliant. I love the bottle, its a squeezy bottle and think I actually prefer it to the normal bottle their foudations come in! It goes on really well and has great staying power. The only thing is my forehead did get a bit shiney but a bit of powder and non-shine moisuriser should easily fix that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.

Blog Archive