Friday 2 December 2011

Percy & Reed London Hair Products

Just got home to find £100's worth of Percy & Reed products by my front door for me to review for Glamour magazine!

It does make me a bit worried though...has someone been spying on me as I have really had hair today and a random bit of fringe just hanging down.

In the box I received:

  • Percy & Reed Splendidly Silky Moisturising Shampoo 250ml

  • Percy & Reed Splendidly Silky Moisturising Conditioner 250ml

  • Percy & Reed No Fuss Fabulousness Dry Shampoo 150ml

  • Percy & Reed No Fuss Flawlessness Dry Conditioner 150ml 

  • Percy & Reed Frightfully Firm Session Hold Hairspray 250ml

  • Percy & Reed Wonderfully Wavy Texturising Spray 150ml

  • Percy & Reed Quite Frankly Flawless Finishing Polish 

  • Percy & Reed Smoothed Sealed & Sensational Volumising No Oil Oil Thick 60ml

 
The average retail rice of each item is around £14 which isn't bad. The packaging is really simple and classy with pictures that look similar to the images on Dainty Doll the Nicola Roberts make up range.
The smell isn't overpowering so you can still wear your favourite perfume without them clashing. 
I tried the shampoo, conditioner, oil and finishing polish (it was a toss up between sleek silky hair and texturising spray... but I'll try that out on Sunday).
I found the shampoo quite thick and needed a lot for my thick long hair (I went back for another handful) which was a bit disappointing as this pack was for thick hair and means ha I would get through this really quickly. 
The conditioner was thick but silky and spread easily through my hair. I left this on for 2 minutes as directed and my hair felt silky smooth after.
The oil feels like Frizz Ease and I had to use more than the 2 pumps suggested, but again this is due to my hair length. It didn't feel oily or sticky which was nice. My hair was silky soft once dried and had a healthy shine to it. 

My hair is very thick and after drying, if I don't straighten it, it goes a bit flyaway and a bit Kristal Tipps.

I would have straightened my hair but to be honest... I was too tired and I'll be going to sleep soon (been a long week). I did use the finishing polish however which did help the puffiness of my hair.

So far I am liking this brand and it's products, the only thing that I'm not to keep on is the amount of shampoo I need for my hair, although I may try and mix it up with a bit of water in my palms before I put it on my scalp. Another thing would be the stockists of these products as I usually buy my shampoo and conditioner from Boots or with my weekly food shopping but I do buy my styling products online as you don't need to buy them as often so I'll see how I get on with continual use and how the other products.

I do definitly like the idea of a dry conditioner to go with the shampoo. I don't use dry shampoo a lot but it is a life saver especially if I've come home from work with a migraine and gone straight to bed and really should have washed my hair, the next day I can give it a quick spray and not feel like a chip pan!


 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.