Sunday 18 December 2011

Update on Percy & Reed Products

Two weeks ago I got the Percy & Reed products to review for Glamour Magazine and I've been using this for the last two weeks (I put my L'Oreal Shampoo and Conditioner away for a few weeks)

I do like the products but the last few applications I've been left with areas where my hair still feels soapy or gets greasy very easily. I try to wash the shampoo and conditioner out fully and even when I have, after drying my hair I still find areas of my hair feel like they have a residue on them or strands of my hair separate as if it's greasy. I think I will carry on using the Percy & Reed products but use them in conjunction with my L'Oreal Shampoo & Conditioner, swapping them every few washes as if not the Percy & Reed products seem to build up.

I think the reason for the build up is that the shampoo is so thick so it's hard to distribute and you really have to wash hard to get it out of thick hair or it won't budge.

I'm not overly impressed with the dry shampoo & conditioner either. I tried it on Wednesday morning when I needed to wash my hair but was going to do it later in the day as had a few things to do in the morning, but it didn't really do anything. I followed the instructions of spraying it onto a brush for best results but that just gave me a white hairbrush that I then had to wash as the powder wouldn't go. I then had to spray it onto my hair and rub to get the white marks away.

I like the no oil hair oil which is basically just really a serum but does help tame my hair. I tried the texturising spray but that didn't seem to do much at all but may be because my hair is so thick.

I saw that Percy & Reed were on QVC on Monday (just gone) but I forgot about it and only remembered at 6pm and it had already been on. I was hoping to watch to see how they used the products. I'll carry on using them and hopefully get better results over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.