Sunday 21 October 2012

A different Christmas Card

Good Morning!

I'm writing this while blasting my hair dry and suffering with a sore throat!

Last week I retweeted a tweet I saw Sara Davis (of Crafters Companion) retweet as part of national papercrafting day (I think, if I remember rightly). It was tweeted by Spectrum Noir, so I followed them. I've never used their pens before as I've always used Promarkers, but was interested about Spectrum Noir pens)

While at work the next day, after finding out our jobs are going (but there are others we can apply for, phew!) I got a message saying I'd won the prize from Spectrum Noir! The prize consisted on a Mulberry Woods stamp (a lovely Christmas panda scene) a ack of cool grey pens and some card. I thought the card was only a small pack but turned out to be A4 sheets!

I love the stamp as it is a bit different and my friend Annie loves pandas so I'm sure she will love her Christmas card I make. The only thing I didn't like about the stamp was the horrible rubber smell and also u had to find out how to attach it to my acrylic block to use it (I used some see-ds cling stickers which worked for a short while but need some crafters companion spray mount apparently)

Last night I had an evening in the craft room what my husband was out at a stag do (only until 10.30 though..he came back earlier than he thought).

I made this card below using the prize, some Promarkers (for the other colours that weren't grey) and the coordinations card from craft inspirations magazine.

I love this card!

I will post soon about my thoughts on Promarkers versus Spectrum Noir pens

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.