Tuesday 21 January 2014

Valentines Card Using Simply Love 2010

My husband texted me the other day while at work and asked if I could make his colleague a valentines day card for his partner. I've only ever made cards to order for my family (and thats usually just a rough idea and I usually know the receipiant). I asked what type of card and sent through photos of some of the hearts I cut from my Cricut Mini and was told he would leave it up to my artistic judgement as he trusted me which was really nice.
I made the card by cutting the heard from the Simply Love 2010 cartridge (while it was free on the Cricut Craftroom last week) and covered some hearts in glitter, and some in glossy accents.

I couldn't find the backing card I wanted as they were all to distracting from the main heart, so I took a red backing card with hearts on (from a Panda Paws kit) and wrapped it in parchment paper to soften the colour.


I then added the 'Love' by cutting the letters from the Cricut Wall Decor cartridge.

I was really happy with the results and so was my husbands colleague. I have so many ideas for more love themed cards now and better get cracking on my other valentines cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.