Wednesday 22 April 2015

Engagement Card

My sister asked me to make an engagement card a few weeks ago and I completely forgot until today when she reminded me that she needed it this weekend. Luckily I had already designed it in the iPad to cut on my Cricut Explore so just had to send it to the machine to cut. All items are part of the Cricut subscription.


The card blank and mat layer are both the same cardstock (I seriously need some more coloured Centura pearl) but to decorate the cardblank I stamped it with red berry distress ink and then rubbed a ink sponge over which calmed down the colour of the hearts and gave a soft pink background. 

The heart itself was from a scrap of pink Centura pearl, and the black part is glittery black card. I drew round the heart with a black fine liner to make it pop, and added some Stickles.

The writing is done in a font called baby steps, and I used the rose Cricut antiquity pen.

Due to the iPad app I only spent 15 minutes in the study (cutting and glueing) which is so helpful as I had a little kitten wanting my attention (Chilli gets very jealous)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.