Wednesday 1 April 2015

My new fave local craft shop!!!

A few weeks ago there was a huggggge fire near us and roads were closed due to the smoke (burning tyres) but we needed to get some hemp bedding for our hedgehog and didn't think traffic would be too bad as it was nowhere near the fire.... How wrong were we! Over 1 hour for a 10 minute journey, however every cloud has a silver lining and I spotted a banner for a new craft shop, Craft Plus UK! This resulted in Lee hanging out the window trying to get a photo of the banner for me, then much dancing in the car as it put me in a happy mood.

When I got home I found the shop was only a 5 minute drive away and (much to the excitement of my sister) also did decoupage bits!

A few weeks on and we finally visited it today. 
 (Photo from Craft Plus UK Facebook page)

I went with a list of things I needed:
Clear embossing powder
Glossy accents (my bottle has gone missing somewhere in the craft room)
Mirri card 
Black ink pad

The good news is I got all those things.....erm plus more?!?

The store is nice as its on an industrial estate so parking is easy. The store was smaller than I expected having seen photos on their facebook but it is actually a perfect size for me (with Hobbycraft I go all the way round then forget I needed something, and sometimes just don't have the energy to go all the way back.)

They have it just right as everything has its place, it's easy to see what they have on offer and it's not cluttered. They also only have papercraft and scrap booking things so it's perfect for card makers (no cake tins, fabric etc) 

My sister loved the huge decoupage selection and I treated her to some things for Easter, although we did debate if she had room in her room for the paper mâché hand. In the end she got a house money box, the hand/jewellery holder, glue, paper and a paint brush (....an Easter egg would have been cheaper lol) she did pay for the glue though. Laura took this photo as of dropper her home after our shopping trip)

I then went on a walkabout and found they had FlitterGlu kits! I've always wanted to get these but on Create and Craft they were always really expensive it seemed, plus postage so I have never ended up getting it.... So that went in my basket along with a gold mega-flake tub (seriously can't believe how light the pot is even though it's full!). Also IndigoBlu are no longer on Create and Craft so this was the perfect excuse to buy it.

I then discovered their range of IndigoBlu stamps and the stamp I've always wanted.... Juliet! So that also jumped in the basket. I did eye up the music themed stamps as they had a lovely guitar stamp for a card for my husband but I knew I'd only use it once. 

As I got rid of my Big Shot I didn't need to go down the die aisle but there was a large selection from my quick glance. 

The staff are really nice and helpful too. When I got home I realised there was an error on my receipt and their customer service was brilliant.

I'll definitely be going back here rather than bigger stores (or the one in town which is too cluttered and sold returned faulty Tonic punches...) but I definitely cannot go to Craft Plus UK alone as I would spend wayyyyy to much (and the floor outside is a bit raised so handy to have Laura or Lee on hand if I'm a bit wobbly like today)

Craft Plus UK can be found at 5 Bakers Court, Basildon, Essex, SS14 3EH or online at http://www.craftplus-uk.com

This review contains my own thoughts and I wasn't asked to write this, or paid in anyway, I just wanted to do this post as its a lovely shop with great customer service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.