Wednesday 10 June 2015

Dimensional Art - 3D hedgehog cards on the Cricut Explore

When I was away last week I saw on a Facebook group there was a new cartridge in the Cricut subscription and on checking it out on my iPad I was so excited to see a hedgehog design!

The cartridge is called Dimensional Paper Art and can be found by searching the cartridges on design space. 

There is a wide range of designs from feathers and flowers to dinosaurs and hedgehogs. Some cuts are just the designs but there are also projects such as cards with envelopes.

I decided to make the hedgehog card with the 2 curled up hedgehogs. I have a selection of square envelopes so went into layers and deleted the envelope so I just had the card and made it 5 inches high to fit my chosen envelope. Due to this size I could cut 2 on a 12x12 sheet so that's what I did. Inside it has a cute sentiment of 'sending hedgehugs'. 

I cut the main card base out of a purple bazzill basics cardstock which was strange enough to stand nicely as a card blank.

I then cut the hedgehog design from Centura Pearl Snow White cardstock. It all went fine until the second design was cutting and then I kept having Bluetooth problems so decided to try another design for the 2nd card. 

My second design was the hedgehog with the flowers so I attached this to a circle the same size as the circle on the other hedgehog design (4.6 inches) and cut this out of thin card to see how it came out. 

I much prefer the double hedgehog design as the flowers pop out more and they might get caught going in and out the envelope whereas the hedgehog spikes are only small. To push the spikes up I used a pokey tool and pushed from the back. This took ages but gives a lovely finish.

I lightly brushed a sponge with Tattered Rose distress ink over the double hedgehog design so it just caught the edge of the spikes and I also put this round the outside of the circle. 

I glued the designs onto the cards ensuring I only glued around the outside. 

I like how these turned out and will be trying out some more designs in this cartridge soon (when I've solved the Bluetooth issue)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.