Monday 28 September 2015

Cupcake Birthday Card

Today is my sisters birthday and this is the card I made for her.

I used the Cricut Explore for the design, using the cupcake design from the Classically Modern Cards cartridge.


I used papers from the Cherry on Top range from Stampin Up. 

I edited the design a bit to have a patterned background. To save paper I cut the cupcake case out of the background (as it would be covered over)

I used my xyron to make the layers of the cake adhesive. This was so much easier than using glue! 

Next I used an Emboss It pen in my Cricut Explore with my sentiment, then covered it in Stampin Up heat and stick embossing powder, followed by Stampin Up glitter 

This was my first time trying this and I'm pretty pleased but would used a larger font next time just so it's a bit clearer 
I did also make a matching envelope with Stampin Up envelope paper but I can't find the photo! Whoops (I did make the card 3 weeks ago but held off posting this in case my sister saw it) I really like their envelope paper as one side is plain and the other is patterned and they're 12 X 12 size so perfect to use with the Cricut Explore

And here are the birthday cupcakes I baked her, cherry bakewell cupcakes (and they were mega yummy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.