Friday 23 October 2015

40th Birthday Card


This card is 13.5cm x 13.5cm and I used:
Bazzill Basics light blue card
Bazzill Basics dark blue polkadot embossed card
Silver mirri card
Stampin Up Cherry on Top paper pack (a sheet of the candle paper)
13.5cm square card blank with matching envelope from Card Blanks Direct (love their card blanks)
Stampin up silver glitter
Stampin up heat and stick embossing powder
Eboss-it Pen (clear)
Cricut Explore
PVA Glue

I cut the silver mirri to 13.4cm square and stuck this on the card (I did it a little smaller than the card so there was no hang-over)

I cut the candle paper to 13.1cm square (so there would be a think silver boarder) and stuck this to the mirri.

I used the Cricut to cut the dark blue card to 12.8 cm square and cut the numbers out of this (using Monogram Motifs), and I also cut a flag out and using the write feature on the Cricut wrote 'Birthday Wishes' in All Mixed Up font with a Pilot V5 pen in the Cricut.

To give it a bit of 'bling' I went round the edges of the flag with the embossing pen, then dipped it in the heat and stick embossing powder, heated it with my heat gun, sprinkled it in glitter, then heated it again to set it.

I then assembled it all with PVA glue. I would have used 3D foam however as it was going in the post I didn't want it to get squished or damaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.