Monday 18 January 2016

Poker Pop Up Card

Just before Christmas I had a voucher for Dreaming Tree who sell SVG files for use in electronic cutting machines. I purchased a few files including one for a Poker card which I thought would really suit my brother in law. 

I sat down Saturday afternoon to make it with my Cricut Explore, a new blade and a new mat (I didn't realise how blunt my blade was until I put the new one in)

The files were very easily to upload to Design Space but there were quite a few layers which also meant a lot of paper and card stock. 
And that's not all of it!

The instructions were really helpful for cutting the pieces. I then used the YouTube video on their site to help with the construction. It was pretty self explanatory but the video really helped with positioning. 

And this is the final card:


It took about 2 hours with all the cutting and layering. I also made the matching envelope. 

The only negative I would say is that it's hard to see the poker chips front the front (it looks more like a no entry sign front behind the queen) and also next time I'd used black card instead of the dark blue suggested. 

This file is usually $1.99 and can be found on 3Dsvg.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.