Sunday 28 February 2016

Just For You Mothers Day Card

This is the second Mothers Day card I made (following on from my previous post). 



Supplies
Kraft card cut to 7 x 10 1/2 inches
Kraft card cut to 4 1/2 x 9 inches
Sale-a-bration Botanicals just for you stamp set - Stampin Up
Ink pads in calypso coral and Bermuda bay - Stampin up
Embossing ink pad
Gold embossing powder
Gold cardstock - mine was embossed with chevrons and was part of a grab box from Hey Little Magpie
Pattern scrapbook paper - My Minds Eye
Shine On Speciality Series Paper (this is 12 X 12 Kraft card printed one side, foiled the other) - Stampin up 
All mixed up font - Cricut 
Pilot v5 black pen 
Cricut Explore
Bermuda bay cardstock - Stampin Up
Centura pearl cardstock in Snow White - crafters companion 

For this card I scored the large Kraft card at 7 inches so I had a 7 inch square with a flap that covered half the card.

I covered the inside of the card with scrapbook paper from My Minds Eye

I then covered the flap with gold cardstock (cut 7 inches by 3 1/2 inches), and then the Shine On cardstock which was cut 6 3/4 inches by 3 1/4 inches. 

I scored the other piece of Kraft card to make a 4 1/2 inch square card and stuck this in the middle of the inside of the larger card but so the crease of the card was on the right.

I added a piece of white cardstock inside just so it was clearer to write on. 

I then covered the front of the smaller card with gold cardstock.

I cut some Centura pearl card to 3 3/4 inchs and stamped and embossed the 'just for you' stamp, then added the flowers and foliage. I then stuck this onto the front of the small card.

To finish I added the sentiment to some Bermuda bay cardstock using the write function of my Cricut Explore and a Pilot V5 pen. I cut this down to 1/2 inch tall by 3 inches and then cut a triangle at the end to make a flag. I mounted this onto the gold card and cut round to make an even boarder. 

I love this card as it all ties together and is a little bit different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.